After a little less than a month, the site migrations are finally complete. I’m pretty happy with the overall results.
The biggest change was the move from shared hosting over to dedicated resources over at Linode. I was able to consolidate my resources, and I cut my monthly hosting bill by approximately 75%. I also made a few minor updates to the sites like adding TLS using LetsEncrypt and standardizing the WordPress modules. I updated all of the social media and share links on the sites. I dropped all the links to Yahoo and Newsvine, and I started up a personal Mastodon account. I’ll be posting more on that later. I still have a few minor enhancements that have been on my list for a while.
Of course, I’m also thinking about buying a couple more domains and launching a couple new websites. I’ve got a few ideas, but I have to work through my current list first.